Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,028 Posts
I will be starting out with some basic first mods to improve performance like a short throw shifter, lighter wheels with some more track friendly tires, and lowering springs or coils. Those should open up the Z even more.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
"Weight savings" is one of the best mods. Every pound you can get rid of ... mats, trunk liner, under the hood - drain 90% of the washer fluid, replace the battery with a lightweight one. Anyone else have some additions without ripping out speakers and such?
Welcome @TBonek.

Would you get lighter seats, carbon fiber hood and rear hatch and other weight reduction modifications like it?
They can be expensive, but can also make a big difference.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
Hoping to be able to use some Q50/60 and 370 parts straight away. SSQVs, 1.5way, full downpipes, intakes, etc. Also want to tune on e85 as soon as its possible. On day one I'll probably make my own exhaust modifications to the stock catback and get wheels/tires, eventually some suspension down the road. Then prepare for that closed deck 3.2L and big turbos? 🤷‍♂️
Welcome to the forum! What horsepower and torque gains are you after?

· Registered
2,028 Posts
My hope is that the ecutek tuning solution used on the higher hp Qs will also work with the Z and we can be over 500 wheel pretty much at launch with just that and a few bolt ons. I'd like to max out the stock turbos and then chill for a bit while I get some inspiration from the 1000+ hp builds as they start popping up.
Will you be tuning it for any specific type of setup?
Can't wait to see some more time attack tuned Z's and even others more suitable for the 1320.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
Nothing specific here, i tend to just enjoy heavily modded turn key street cars that I can drive to the track, on the track and then back home or to work when i feel like it. I will definitely be looking to do a little bit of everything with this one. Mostly just for fun :)
Keep us posted on how that goes as it happens. Excited to see how far folks take these Z's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts