Nissan Z Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
363 Posts
I have a nice set of wheels on my current Q60 I'd like to swap over to the Z, definitely going with a catback (Q60 also has one) and I would love to get louvers for the rear hatch window.

Also, hoping that with the new infotainment unit Nissan keeps their current easy to mod stereo system so I can upgrade a bit. I like how Nissan upmarket stereos have separate amps fed with clean signals. Hopefully they continue that with the new Z.

A "TWIN TURBO" decal like the Z32 has on the rear light panel.

Down the road, I'd like downpipes and a moderate tune. Maybe.... may just leave that alone too, I think 400HP should be enough.

· Registered
363 Posts
Is the VR30 capable of keeping itself cool with the stock intercoolers? How long do you think it can hold up on an autox, or a track day? Do you think the front mounts are that paramount?
Not according to Infiniti Q owners. Those cars can heat soak just from playing around on the streets.

However, the Z is several hundred pounds lighter, and it's possible the Z or a forthcoming Nismo version may have revised cooling to prevent the heat soak the Q guys are experiencing.

The A2W heat exchanger setup isn't ideal.
For reference, Stillen offers A2W intercooling on their VQ supercharging kit, very similar in layout to the stock VR30 intercooling. However, the biggest upgrade to the Stillen kit is to convert to A2A intercooling. The Stillen A2W kit heat soaked really bad.

· Registered
363 Posts
This might be foolish optimism, but wondering if Nissan might take into consideration these issues from the Q50/60 and address them from the factory with the Z? Obviously yes, both cars are performance-oriented in nature, but the Z will be a few degrees more...sporty? in the sense of being 2-door coupe, etc.
Nissan may be hoping that the significant weight reduction of the Z compared to the Q will reduce heat loading, so they may put very similar coolers in the Z.

As for the DI issue, we'll see....maybe Nissan has added port injection and we don't know about it yet?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts