Nissan Z Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Nothing specific here, i tend to just enjoy heavily modded turn key street cars that I can drive to the track, on the track and then back home or to work when i feel like it. I will definitely be looking to do a little bit of everything with this one. Mostly just for fun :)
Keep us posted on how that goes as it happens. Excited to see how far folks take these Z's.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Nothing specific here, i tend to just enjoy heavily modded turn key street cars that I can drive to the track, on the track and then back home or to work when i feel like it. I will definitely be looking to do a little bit of everything with this one. Mostly just for fun :)
Are you planning on taking it to just track days? Or do you plan to do any competitions with the Z?

·
Registered
Current - 2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Soon - 2023 Nissan Z
17 Posts
Would anyone go for a wing like this for the Z?

View attachment 5117
Those are Nismo wheels, right? They fit the look of the car really well. As for the wing, it looks like the equivalent of the wing StreetHunter made for the Mk5 Supra. It seems a little too aggressive for the stock body, but it might make more sense when paired with a body kit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm gonna be looking at the Sport in 6spd, thinking brilliant silver or boulder gray with the 2 tone black roof.
As far as performance, simple bolt-ons like exhaust, intakes, see what's possible with the top mount intercoolers, heat exchanger (seen the red sport guys doing this) and obviously software. I had a Z32 for some time and for the setup I had, I used a big single front mount that was technically dual, just joined in the middle; so maybe something like that. Definitely wheels and tires, I'm thinking the Advan R6 in gold with a polished lip, I'd keep the 18s the sport comes with but just more meaty tires. I'll probably use the Nitto Nt05s, had really good experiences with those. A decent coilover setup more so for fitment, and to dial in any slop while cornering.
A nice high kick spoiler on the rear, riveted fender flares are a BIG maybe, I gotta see how the body looks in person. If it works out better to pump the factory fenders out a tad I'd rather do that. And fender mirrors; again thats a big maybe. Been seeing a lot of concepts incorporating the 240z style fender mirrors and they look really good, plus driving some older Nissans and Mazdas I've come to love them.
I have an original OEM 240z "Fairlady Z" badge I want to use, but I'm thinking of holding onto that for something else. I did see on the Nissan JP site they do have it listed as "フェアレディ Z" which is Fairlady, so big possibility there.
I guess it all comes down to what the car really is like in person. Can't wait to see them modded out on the street!!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I'm gonna be looking at the Sport in 6spd, thinking brilliant silver or boulder gray with the 2 tone black roof.
As far as performance, simple bolt-ons like exhaust, intakes, see what's possible with the top mount intercoolers, heat exchanger (seen the red sport guys doing this) and obviously software. I had a Z32 for some time and for the setup I had, I used a big single front mount that was technically dual, just joined in the middle; so maybe something like that. Definitely wheels and tires, I'm thinking the Advan R6 in gold with a polished lip, I'd keep the 18s the sport comes with but just more meaty tires. I'll probably use the Nitto Nt05s, had really good experiences with those. A decent coilover setup more so for fitment, and to dial in any slop while cornering.
A nice high kick spoiler on the rear, riveted fender flares are a BIG maybe, I gotta see how the body looks in person. If it works out better to pump the factory fenders out a tad I'd rather do that. And fender mirrors; again thats a big maybe. Been seeing a lot of concepts incorporating the 240z style fender mirrors and they look really good, plus driving some older Nissans and Mazdas I've come to love them.
I have an original OEM 240z "Fairlady Z" badge I want to use, but I'm thinking of holding onto that for something else. I did see on the Nissan JP site they do have it listed as "フェアレディ Z" which is Fairlady, so big possibility there.
I guess it all comes down to what the car really is like in person. Can't wait to see them modded out on the street!!
Hey @_accurate welcome to the forum! Advan R6s would be a good choice, I haven't used Nittos before but I hear good things. Do you have another Z you'd use the Fairlady badge for?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey @_accurate welcome to the forum! Advan R6s would be a good choice, I haven't used Nittos before but I hear good things. Do you have another Z you'd use the Fairlady badge for?
Thank you for the welcome! It's more of an art project I'm putting together, you could say it's a "Z" dedication project that isn't an actual car. I grew up around Zs a lot, the Z32 was my dream car since I was kid. My dad had a pearl white 2+2, and I ended up getting a 2+0 slicktop turbo rhd. But seeing this new RZ34 chassis definitely inspired me, especially when I get on Gran Turismo 7 🤣

81 - 97 of 97 Posts