Nissan Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Is the Z's new 9AT related to the 9AT that's in the TTV6 C43?

CarLegion just posted a video of the C43 vs. Mustang V8 10AT and the 9AT in the C43 was shifting very aggressively.

The C43 lost to the Mustang, but that's more due to unfavorable power/weight.

I'd be intrigued if the Z 9AT was that aggressive.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am another future AUTO Z guy. I am in a busy city and my wife cant drive manual either. If the guy who shames others for it, he has some serious masculinity issues? Maybe he feels manly?

Autos can beat many cars that are manual. So, I'm not too worried about it. On the flip side, I understand why people would get the manual as you are controlling the car.
I'm in a different stage in my life where I don't care for that.

To each their own.

·
Premium Member
2013 Camaro SS - 1LE
129 Posts
Is the Z's new 9AT related to the 9AT that's in the TTV6 C43?

CarLegion just posted a video of the C43 vs. Mustang V8 10AT and the 9AT in the C43 was shifting very aggressively.

The C43 lost to the Mustang, but that's more due to unfavorable power/weight.

I'd be intrigued if the Z 9AT was that aggressive.
Lmao, MB tuned that thing to just bang gears like a manual! That's hilarious. The new Z should haul serious ass with that thing. I might have to check out the auto, even if just for shitz and giggles, because I'm pretty set on the manual.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am another future AUTO Z guy. I am in a busy city and my wife cant drive manual either. If the guy who shames others for it, he has some serious masculinity issues? Maybe he feels manly?

Autos can beat many cars that are manual. So, I'm not too worried about it. On the flip side, I understand why people would get the manual as you are controlling the car.
I'm in a different stage in my life where I don't care for that.

To each their own.
I bet you love your steak microwaved. It's faster anyways.

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
now that the 9AT is confirmed. Im a little confused is it not a version of the ZF 9 speed in my 2022 pathfinder? I thought we were talking about the mercedes one at one point?

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
We are going Auto as its going to be daily driver keen to see the shifter paddles

if you get the performance model they are the exact paddles as the GTR

my assumption is since the Sport model comes with different paddles it will come with the more stubby looking ones found on new models like the pathfinder ect

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
fun fact this will be the first steering wheel mounted paddle shift sports car I have ever owned. all the others were column mounted

121 - 140 of 156 Posts