Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No, I like the car as it is

Votes: 2 13.3%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've heard that this front end and grille is definitely the production design, the suppliers are gearing up to make this design a reality. They figure the largest cross section of the public will like this design and something extra aggressive and sporty on a future performance version may resonate more with some enthusiasts who aren't a fan of the grille. Imagine a more aggressive front and a more aggressive rear diffuser for a Nismo or something.

How do you feel about the front grille shape? Would you change it or leave it as it is? Renderings of changed grilles are already popping up, like this one below.

vs. the Z Proto Concept:

·
Registered
14 Posts
That first pic is already a HUGE improvement but I'd still like something similar to this:
Nissan-400Z-rendering-Guillaume-Lerouge-2.jpg

Which shouldn't be tough for the aftermarket. On a more positive note the side profile and rear are spot on.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It’s not terrible but it’s not the best either. Maybe just round the corners a bit so it’s not so square. The rest of the car is awesome.

·
Registered
221 Posts
It’s not terrible but it’s not the best either. Maybe just round the corners a bit so it’s not so square. The rest of the car is awesome.
Agreed, if they made the grille less square it'd be an improvement. But overall I love the car and I'm fine with this being the final design.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Overall, I am good with the front bumper. Should allow for max air flow to a huge fmic. When we tune it up to 700hp we are going to need that large opening for cooling. And the aftermarket companies will give us tons of options if we want to tweak the look. What I am not keen on is the ridge line on the center front of the hood. Looks unfinished or unrefined to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
From almost every angle this car is spot on but I have to agree that the front viewed full on is not so good. The front grille needs a rethink and I wonder if Nissan released it like this to get a reaction? It wouldn't surprise me if that front grille gets more negative than positive comments.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
@Ace_SRZ
That center ridge line is an S30 trait, you can see it here on mine

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Plus with this design, how is brake cooling optimized? Huge problem with 370Zs. They should put ducting ports below the headlamps, could be designed to mimic the 240Z's turn signal pods.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry, but this is all I see when looking at the front. It is truly terrible. I'm really agreeing with @fairlady with the first image posted. Looks like the modern Z, but with a refined masculine grille. #changetheZ

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I’ll be looking for something eventually. I’ll have a lot other priorities first. At the same time it’s a must to make brake ducts work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm fine with the grill. It needs to be large for cooling and large AMS heat exchangers 😀. I kind of like how stark it is. I love the clean and minimalistic design of this car. It's a refreshing change from every other new car these days. No V-motion grill either! Nissan did a great job considering the constraints they are under. A total ground-up redesign on a new chassis costs over a billion. I understand the budget for this refresh was around $240 million.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts