Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Unfortunately we have to wait till an official Nissan announcement. These writers just want attention like all other fake media reporters.
They sure are milking the proto for all its worth. It reminds me of when Toyota took the FT-1 Supra concept around.
LUCKY for us, the Z Proto is far closer to a production model than that FT-1 was, so there's less to change in the final version.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Even if there’s less to change I feel they’ll have to make an announcement on the final, price, and date before mass production. Maybe they just go full throttle and go for broke. IMO if the final design ends up being anything less than what’s shown I’ll be upset. Don’t advertise and sell short like the BBK for a big example.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Even if there’s less to change I feel they’ll have to make an announcement on the final, price, and date before mass production. Maybe they just go full throttle and go for broke. IMO if the final design ends up being anything less than what’s shown I’ll be upset. Don’t advertise and sell short like the BBK for a big example.
My hope is that the changes Nissan will make from prototype to production, are much like what Lexus did with the LC500.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My hope is that the changes Nissan will make from prototype to production, are much like what Lexus did with the LC500.
View attachment 807
Totally possible that they'll make minor adjustments to the car, visually, but I wouldn't expect the changes to be at all dramatic. Many of the changes made to the LF-LC concept were to update elements that simply weren't production-plausible (light clusters, interior design) and the Z Proto doesn't seemingly have to change anything, with respect to that. The car does not appear to have any truly flagrant "non-production-worthy" design elements to it (although it may need some kind of side marker lighting to meet roadworthiness standards).

·
Registered
183 Posts
Totally possible that they'll make minor adjustments to the car, visually, but I wouldn't expect the changes to be at all dramatic. Many of the changes made to the LF-LC concept were to update elements that simply weren't production-plausible (light clusters, interior design) and the Z Proto doesn't seemingly have to change anything, with respect to that. The car does not appear to have any truly flagrant "non-production-worthy" design elements to it (although it may need some kind of side marker lighting to meet roadworthiness standards).
I hope we get the Z Proto door handles. It seems like production worthy design to me.
2021-Nissan-Z-Door-Handles.JPG

·
Registered
31 Posts
Oh, yeah, the handles need to stay. Much, much more elegant design than what both Z33 and Z34 have gone with.

I'm also going to amend my comment about side marker lighting - based upon what is visible in the profile, I think that they actually may have enough from the rear LEDs to satisfy that particular NHTSA standard but I am not sure about the front since the regulation stipulates that the lighting be "amber" and I don't see that element in the front lighting cluster (maybe it's subtle and I'm missing it).

·
Registered
183 Posts
Good point @kbl911.
I can definitely see how Nissan can work in the turn signal to both the current headlight and taillight setup.
Even the headlight has DRLs in them already for markets that need it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, they definitely took a lot into consideration with the lighting, from a regulatory standpoint. A good sign that this is extremely close to production. I thought it was interesting to see that the front turn signal was created by the upper element of the front LEDs turning/flashing amber, versus having a separate light. Love design details that increase simplicity 👍

21 - 30 of 30 Posts