Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
All these design tidbits already given out - shape, trim, color, grille.... - enough already. The Z won't be a garage queen, will be driven and tracked. NOTHING on mechanical details, what is Nissan holding out on? We need fresh info. Not hopeful on the Q&A but surprise me.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
In the meantime, feeding more historical fun of the Z car. That Road Atlanta drive is addicting, never been on that track ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
If these are indeed production leaks, the production model is not that far off from the reveal.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If these are indeed production leaks, the production model is not that far off from the reveal.

I tend to agree with that assessment. When those photos and videos dropped a few weeks back I moved my speculative timetable up to something like May of this year, as to when we actually get the full reveal.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I'm really hoping the new Z will make an appearance here, planning this year.... Z Nationals!

znationals.com

Reactions: St00k

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Are you going? Road Atlanta is a serious track!
Will be a long drive from the west coast but worth it IF someone can prove the VR30TT Z will make an appearance ;-)

That track is awesome and historic, another reason I'd like to track it. We have Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca, Sonoma out here.

Reactions: St00k

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Any specific things you would look for in the Z if they let you check it out entirely in person?
Most likely how the Z fits around the driver, the feel of the controls, and if built solid and tight. Steering and cornering feel too! I know 400 hp is enough to start with, not too worried about 0-60, but more on the whole package - has to be a driver's car, light and nimble, yep!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Will be a long drive from the west coast but worth it IF someone can prove the VR30TT Z will make an appearance ;-)

That track is awesome and historic, another reason I'd like to track it. We have Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca, Sonoma out here.
I've driven Sonoma and Laguna Seca. Both great. I know Laguna Seca gets all the buzz, but I prefer Sonoma. I actually did a 3 day course there to drive open wheel cars (crappy little ones) but it was outrageously fun. Maybe that's why I like it so much.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Most likely how the Z fits around the driver, the feel of the controls, and if built solid and tight. Steering and cornering feel too! I know 400 hp is enough to start with, not too worried about 0-60, but more on the whole package - has to be a driver's car, light and nimble, yep!
(1) 400 hp, (2) light and nimble, (3) reasonable cost - choose two of three.
1 and 3: the 400Z.
2 and 3: GR86/BRZ.
Going to be a tough call for me.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts