Nissan 400Z Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is somewhat disappointing news...

Nissan is setting the next Z up for sales failure if they release it with such polarizing exterior styling.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I love this breakdown. This particular color throws it for me though. I understand the route for Z34 suspension what seems to be the same. It is strong. For me that is a plus in many ways. Being those parts are already mass produced and no new R&D done in that department that saves a lot of cost keeping our cost down. Also for myself, if it’s the same when it comes out all suspension parts would be already plentiful. Funny they wouldn’t show the measurements for the wheelbase.
Overall we are getting a Z34 with newer retro look and great power plant with a manual. Even though I’m sold I just want that BBK, good LSD, and hopes it maintains cool temps.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
So far talks have been all about the exterior and interior designs, nothing final yet about any mechanicals, suspension, electronics. I suppose we're to assume nothing new to surprise us in those areas, just revolutionary stuff from the Z34 underpinnings and Q60 TT powerplant, which could turn out great; a grassroots performer if Nissan can keep prices very competitive. It's growing on me! The aftermarket can help in the body areas, that won't be hard. I do want more aero options for tracking, though.

Does this mean we're getting closer to production? Hmmmm

Reactions: Rusty

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm not surprised this is going to be the production model. I wish they tweaked the front but that just means more aftermarket alternatives. At this point Nissan should just focus on reliability and making it as easy to work on as possible.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm not surprised this is going to be the production model. I wish they tweaked the front but that just means more aftermarket alternatives. At this point Nissan should just focus on reliability and making it as easy to work on as possible.
Me neither.
It isn't that complicated of a design and they saved a ton of money by carrying over the Z34 platform. Not only that but it will set the tone for future Nissans. So even if profit margins are tight, its still a good overall win

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Sales are going to be tight if they don’t start releasing details, pricing, and date in a timely manner.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sales are going to be tight if they don’t start releasing details, pricing, and date in a timely manner.
The updates we have been getting recently do help and they seem on pace to match the 86's timeline. If the weeks and months ahead prove that to not be true, then I think that's a problem.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
So let's say they'll be keeping the Z34 mechanicals plus the added Q twin turbo, those of you that own a Z34, what other shortcomings/issue areas besides brake fade that's known? I'm hoping those will be addressed right away.

I've driven a couple but not enough time to assess any peculiarities. They handle great and that rev-match is smooth.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I know so many people who had brake issues/ ice mode as some called it. I never had it. I had upgraded to AP BBK kit with brake ducts and Carbotech XP10 in front and 8’s in rear.
Some had slave cylinder failures but I had upgraded to a HD one before it had time to fail.
Then there were high oil temps. I had the 34R cooler and it would still run 250.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've heard of people having similar issues with the clutch slave cylinder and clutch master cylinder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts